EDDC visit ticks all the boxes
Plymtree Primary School pupils experience what its like to run the council.
A visit to East Devon District Council’s headquarters ticked all the boxes for a group of pupils from Plymtree Primary School.
The children joined pupils from across East Devon, including Musbury Primary School, to an open event at the Knowle in Sidmouth.
During the visit they were given the opportunity to see what it would be like to run the council.
The pupils learnt about food safety and took part in a mock-up of an unsuitable kitchen - complete with dead mouse.
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council’s deputy chairman Councillor Frances Newth led a special debate with the children to discuss whether a planning application for a new development should be allowed in the district.
The schoolchildren also played a resources game with the waste management team and helped the council’s housing community development officers plan a community festival.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'