Elderly Seaton man taken to hospital after fire
Fire crew from Colyton deals with aftermath of blaze at Scalwell Mead
An elderly Seaton man was taken to hospital after a kitchen fire last night (Sunday)
Firefighters from Colyton were called to the house in Scalwell Mead, at around 10pm, by an ambulance crew who were on the scene assisting the occupant.
On arrival the crew confirmed there had been a small fire in the kitchen which was now out.
The elderly male occupant had been removed from the property by ambulance personnel and, whilst they administered medical attention to him, the fire crew carried out a full inspection and used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the heavily smoke-logged property. The fire was caused accidentally and other than the smoke logging, minimal damage was sustained.