Eminent professor to speak at East Devon Tenants' Conference
AN EMINENT professor is to speak at East Devon District Council s annual Tenants Conference. Brummie history professor Carl Chinn will be speaking on The History of Social Housing on Wednesday, June 17 at the Tumbling Weir Hotel in Ottery St Mary. An
AN EMINENT professor is to speak at East Devon District Council's annual Tenants' Conference.
Brummie history professor Carl Chinn will be speaking on 'The History of Social Housing' on Wednesday, June 17 at the Tumbling Weir Hotel in Ottery St Mary.
An EDDC spokesman said: "If you are thinking 'boring' then think again. Professor Chinn is an historian, broadcaster, newspaper columnist and author and he is renowned for public speaking. We guarantee that everyone will be fascinated."
Representatives from each area of the EDDC Housing Service will be there so that tenants can discuss problems or concerns with officers face-to-face.
You may also want to watch:
John Golding, head of housing and social inclusion, and Mark Williams, chief executive, will also be available.
All tenants will have the chance to speak to every officer, so they are asked to come prepared with questions written down where possible.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
Delegates will also hear talks about Devon Wide Choice Based Lettings and details of improvements to the Housing Needs Service.
Lunch and refreshments will be available. Numbers are limited and anyone interested is advised to book as soon as possible.
Tenants are asked to let the Tenant Participation Team know if they need transport or have any special dietary requirements.
For all enquiries, contact the team on 01395 517 453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .