Emma’s campaign is moving forward
The MP for Complex Needs for Exeter and East Devon continues to push for Changing Places toilets in the district.
A CAMPAIGN is moving forward to introduce changes to toilet facilities that will help users with complex needs and their carers get the dignity they deserve.
Emma Bishop, the MP for Complex Needs with the Devon Learning Disability Parliament for Exeter and East Devon, is working hard to get more Changing Places toilets introduced in public places around the district.
Devon Link Up and the Learning Disability Parliament recently teamed up with Devon County Council to design a new poster, which was last week put up in Honiton’s TIC.
The poster is informing people that there is an adapted toilet, although not a Changing Places facility, in Newholme, which has better access and equipment for those with complex needs.
You may also want to watch:
Changing places toilets provide additional space and equipment to help those with complex needs and their carers, such as height adjustable changing benches, a hoist system and a non-slip floor.
Emma is still awaiting responses to a number of letters she has sent out and has also won support from a number of councillors in the district.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme