Emma takes campaign to Westminster.
Emma Bishop, the MP for Complex Needs with the Learning Disability Parliament, attends a parliamentary reception to talk about her campaign.
THE MP for Complex Needs with the Learning Disability Parliament for Exeter and East Devon took her campaign for better toilet facilities to Westminster.
Emma Bishop, who has been campaigning to introduce Changing Places toilet facilities in public places across East Devon, gave a speech at a parliamentary reception as part of RADAR’S MP Disability Dialogue.
She gave a talk on her campaign so far during a reception hosted by the minister for disabled people, MP Maria Miller, Baroness Jane Campbell of Surbiton DBE and Rt Hon MP Anne McGuire at Westminster Hall.
Changing places toilets provide additional space and equipment to help those with complex needs and their carers, such as height adjustable changing benches, a hoist system and a non-slip floor.
You may also want to watch:
Emma has already met with Honiton and Tiverton MP Neil Parish, who has given his support, and is working hard to get more changing places toilets introduced in East Devon.
Photo by Tom Bunning.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert