‘Encouraging’ crime drop in Honiton

PUBLISHED: 15:00 24 July 2016

Archant

Crime in Honiton recorded throughout the last month has dropped by 20 offences in comparison to figures for the same period last year.

Honiton Neighbourhood Team’s crime report shows that between Monday, June 13, and Sunday, July 10, there were 15 recorded offences.

This is down by 20 from 35 for the same period last year.

Police said the offences consisted of a case of blackmail, four incidents of criminal damage to a vehicle and two possessions of a class B drug.

Police also received reports of burglaries - at a bowling green, a ‘vape’ shop and one at a home. There was also a theft from a shop and a drink-driving offence.

There were also two public order offences and an assault resulting in actual bodily harm.

Honiton PCSO Steve Mingo said: “It is really great to see such a significant drop in the monthly crime figures. We are pleased to report that there were no incidents in or around Honiton connected to the recent Euro 2016 tournament. It is hoped that this trend continues as the summer holidays approach.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald