Colyton estate agents back cancer support charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Gordon and Rumsby take part in Macmillan’s ‘world’s biggest coffee mornng’
Staff at Gordon and Rumsby estate agents in Colyton put the kettle on – and raised £281 for a worthy cause
They were taking part in Macmillan Cancer Support’s ‘World’s biggest coffee morning’.
It was organised by Debbie Lindsey with the help of some supportive friends and locals.
Local builder Mark Mann very kindly loaned a filter coffee machine along with fair-trade coffee, filters and hundreds of cups and saucers.
You may also want to watch:
The team also baked cakes and a few of their clients also donated some to sell.
Emily Gordon, who ran the kitchen while Mary Whyman and boss Julie Gordon greeted the guests, said: “We ended up with a fantastic turn out and a wonderful positive buzzing atmosphere.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
Chris Martin, one of the vendors, won the Place the Cherry on The Gateaux contest while Sue Leadbetter correctly guessed the length of a sausage roll. Both very generously donated their winnings back to the cause.
* Macmillan Cancer Support is one of the largest British charities and provides specialist health care, information and financial support to people affected by cancer. To find out more or to donate visit https://www.macmillan.org.uk