Every little helps memory cafe
Tesco marks re-opening of Honiton supermarket with generous donation to worthy cause.
Tesco has marked the completion of improvements to its Honiton store with a generous donation to Honiton Memory Cafe.
Heather Penwarden, chairman of the charity, accepted a cheque for �1,000 from store manager Jonathan Parker and Michele Nichols, of Dudley’s Construction, at the supermarket’s official re-opening. Each gave the project �500.
Heather then went on to cut a ribbon at the store.
She was joined at the event by the cafe’s volunteer co-ordinator Min Rennolds.
You may also want to watch:
Heather said: “I would like to thank Tesco for this kind donation; it is greatly appreciated. We rely on the generosity of our community for funds to keep going and these cheques from Tesco and Dudley’s mean we can now increase the amount of days in a month we are able to open.”
Store Manager Jonathan said: “Michele and I are delighted to donate to Honiton Memory Caf�, they are a fantastic charity and do such important work for people in our local community, I am thrilled to present Heather with the donation.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 6 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 7 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
Michele Nichols, Project Manager of Dudley’s Construction, the company that renovated the store, said: “I am so pleased to be able to present Heather with a �500 donation on behalf of the refresh team. Since Honiton Memory Caf� opened last year, it has become a vital part of our community and it is great to know we can contribute to its establishment.”
Tesco’s 2011 charity is the Alzheimer’s Society and staff members have been closely following the progress of the memory cafe, recently attending its first birthday celebration at which acclaimed folk singer Jim Causley sang.
Tesco in Honiton is now open from 6am to midnight, Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.