EXCLUSIVE: Ex-president visits Honiton
Political leader had message to deliver.
The former president of a country flew to England especially to visit Honiton last week.
The man, who was one of the best known - and controversial - political leaders in the world for three decades, was on a touching, personal mission.
He brought with him a statement from the current president, which hailed a Honiton man as ‘fearless’ and ‘gallant’.
The former president visited two town centre businesses, accompanied by staff from his country’s High Commission in London, before attending to private business and reading the statement in public.
You may also want to watch:
Full story and pictures only in tomorrow’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'