Expansion will knock traders
The expansion of Tesco beyond that to which currently exists in Axminster would not be in the interest of the town s existing shops and retailers.
The expansion of Tesco beyond that to which currently exists in Axminster would not be in the interest of the town's existing shops and retailers. The current size of the store suits the environment and the people which it serves and, by making it larger, would not add any further value to the community and the town.
The town council should consider this application very seriously, in that the overdevelopment and expansion of this particular large chain store in a rural, small town cannot be justified for a town such as Axminster its character would be altered, the town centre would be all the poorer for it, if it were allowed to go through.
The town council should seriously consider the fabric of the town and, therefore, not support this application.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 The importance of renewable energy