Expansion will knock traders
The expansion of Tesco beyond that to which currently exists in Axminster would not be in the interest of the town s existing shops and retailers.
The expansion of Tesco beyond that to which currently exists in Axminster would not be in the interest of the town's existing shops and retailers. The current size of the store suits the environment and the people which it serves and, by making it larger, would not add any further value to the community and the town.
The town council should consider this application very seriously, in that the overdevelopment and expansion of this particular large chain store in a rural, small town cannot be justified for a town such as Axminster its character would be altered, the town centre would be all the poorer for it, if it were allowed to go through.
The town council should seriously consider the fabric of the town and, therefore, not support this application.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 7 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder