Exploding light sparked Honiton fire

PUBLISHED: 10:26 09 February 2019 | UPDATED: 10:28 09 February 2019

Devon fire engine

Devon fire engine

Archant

Firefighters from three towns called to the blaze

An exploding light fitting was blamed for a fire at a property in Honiton yesterday (Friday, February 8).

Fire appliance from Honiton, Ottery St Mary and Topsham were called to the scene at Reme Drive, Heathpark Industrial Estate. An aerial ladder platform from Danes Castle also attended.

On arrival the incident commander confirmed a small fire in the roof of the building. Crews promptly got to work using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one covering jet to extinguish the fire and one thermal imaging camera to locate hotspots


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald