Fake �5 note exchanged in Honiton
A FAKE �5 note has been exchanged at an outlet in Honiton. The note was discovered ten minutes ago at 4.05pm (Wednesday, July 15).
A FAKE �5 note has been exchanged at an outlet in Honiton.
The note was discovered ten minutes ago at 4.05pm (Wednesday, July 15).
A warning has been issued by staff at the outlet concerned.
The Herald has inspected the note and found that it had many irregularities - from the quality of the paper to no silver seal and faint black lines instead of a metal strip.
You may also want to watch:
"It was obviously a fake," said Herald editor Belinda Bennett.
"However, when staff are busy, I can see how it wasn't detected until later in the day.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 8 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 9 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary