Fake �5 note exchanged in Honiton
A FAKE �5 note has been exchanged at an outlet in Honiton. The note was discovered ten minutes ago at 4.05pm (Wednesday, July 15).
A FAKE �5 note has been exchanged at an outlet in Honiton.
The note was discovered ten minutes ago at 4.05pm (Wednesday, July 15).
A warning has been issued by staff at the outlet concerned.
The Herald has inspected the note and found that it had many irregularities - from the quality of the paper to no silver seal and faint black lines instead of a metal strip.
"It was obviously a fake," said Herald editor Belinda Bennett.
"However, when staff are busy, I can see how it wasn't detected until later in the day.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 5 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 6 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 9 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 10 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth