Family fireworks display
Everyone welcome for big event at Offwell.
Offwell Recreation Ground and Village Charity is holding its annual bonfire and firework display on Saturday, October 29.
Gates open at 6.30pm, with the bonfire being lit at 7.15pm and fireworks at 7.30pm.
Organisers say this year’s event promises to be “bigger and better than ever”.
Pupils from Offwell Primary School are making the guy and the fire is being lit by the chairman of the parish council, Steve Young.
The entrance fee is the same as last year, �4 for adults and �2.50 for children over the age of five.
There will be a barbecue and a local hog will be roasted for pork rolls.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 5 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 6 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
Ladies will also be serving home made soup.
A spokesperson for the charity said: “Hopefully, there will be a bouncy castle in the Jubilee Room for the youngsters and the bar will be open.”