Family fun at Millwey Rise
- Credit: Archant
Community centre opens its doors to show what local organisations can do
Families from the Millwey Rise housing estate at Axminster enjoyed a fun day at their community centre last weekend.
The event, open to all, was organised by the hall user group committee and provided an opportunity for local organisations to go along and show what they do.
It also helped them to raise some funds for the centre and brought the community together.
Youngsters were able to make a healthy sandwich with the Axminster based food charity HALFF and get involved in den building and making willow fairy or bat wings with East Devon District council’s community development workers.
You may also want to watch:
ABC TaiChi held several short sessions for people of all to get involved in and some resident simply went along to enjoy the tea and cakes!
The district council’s community development worker Victoria Robinson, said: “We would like to thank everyone who turned out despite the awful weather to support us and make it another great community event.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott