Family fun in Honiton
Paper lace jewellery drop-in session to be held at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery.
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton will be taking part in the first-ever UK-wide family arts festival.
The festival takes place over the October half-term (October 18 to November 3) and the gallery will running a family drop-in art activity making paper lace jewellery on Tuesday, October 29, from 11am to 4pm, as part of the festival.
Artist Jessica Palmer, an expert in paper cutting, paper sculpture and collage, will be running the workshop.
Visitors will be able to make brooches, fascinators and bangles from a combination of real and paper-cut lace. Suggested donation is £2 per child.
You may also want to watch:
The event is suitable for children 6 years old upwards. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
THG Curator Angela Blackwell said: “THG is thrilled to be hosting this first ever event as part of the Family Arts Campaign. The workshop is also part of our intoLACE exhibition which is on till November 2.”
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 5 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Virtual work experience programme for young people in region
- 9 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 10 Virtual handicap race for Axe Valley Runners
The UK-wide Family Arts Festival will see over 800 organisations, which include the Dowell Street Gallery, who will be hosting over 1,500 family friendly arts events.