Farmers urged to complete Single Payment claim forms NOW
Don’t leave it until the 11th hour, says John Dawe-Lane of Stags.
FARMERS across The Midweek Herald’s patch are being urged to fill out their Single Payment claim forms now - and not to leave it until the 11th hour.
The deadline for completing the forms is Monday, May 16.
John Dawe-Lane, of Stags, says early attention to the SP5 forms should avoid any potential last minute pitfalls.”
“One thing to watch out for is mapping errors, which often result in delayed processing of the claim by the RPA and, consequently, late payment to the farmer,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Following the Rural Land Register update, most maps should now be correct. However, there are still instances that we come across where this is not the case.”
Mr Dawe-Lane is advising farmers and landowners to ensure any outstanding mapping changes are made at the earliest opportunity, so that new field numbers and area data are made available to the Rural Payment Agency - to avoid delays in processing claims and payment.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
He added: “It should be remembered that the onus is on the farmer and not the RPA to ensure maps are correct.”