Farmers urged to complete Single Payment claim forms NOW
Don’t leave it until the 11th hour, says John Dawe-Lane of Stags.
FARMERS across The Midweek Herald’s patch are being urged to fill out their Single Payment claim forms now - and not to leave it until the 11th hour.
The deadline for completing the forms is Monday, May 16.
John Dawe-Lane, of Stags, says early attention to the SP5 forms should avoid any potential last minute pitfalls.”
“One thing to watch out for is mapping errors, which often result in delayed processing of the claim by the RPA and, consequently, late payment to the farmer,” he said.
“Following the Rural Land Register update, most maps should now be correct. However, there are still instances that we come across where this is not the case.”
Mr Dawe-Lane is advising farmers and landowners to ensure any outstanding mapping changes are made at the earliest opportunity, so that new field numbers and area data are made available to the Rural Payment Agency - to avoid delays in processing claims and payment.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
He added: “It should be remembered that the onus is on the farmer and not the RPA to ensure maps are correct.”