Farmhouse on fire in Hawkchurch

PUBLISHED: 12:12 28 October 2008 | UPDATED: 22:32 15 June 2010

A THREE-STOREY farmhouse in Hawkchurch caught fire on Friday - causing severe damage to the floor and furnishings. Firefighters from Axminster were called out at 12am to find a chimney fire at the detached house had spread.

A THREE-STOREY farmhouse in Hawkchurch caught fire on Friday - causing severe damage to the floor and furnishings.

Firefighters from Axminster were called out at 12am to find a chimney fire at the detached house had spread. Crew from Lyme Regis were then mobilised.

The fire involved a wood burning stove and floor partitions and furnishings between the ground and first floor were badly damaged. There was also smoke damage to the first and second floors.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald