Farway farmer chases thieves
NFARM 15 AB 8/4 A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
NFARM 15 AB 8/4
A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
The farmer chased after the alleged offenders following the incident last month and is reported to have caught one - who then assaulted him and escaped.
Pc Steve Speariett, from Seaton police station, said it was later discovered that a quad bike had been stolen from a nearby farm.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The two crimes in Farway are of concern to us, especially as the farmer was assaulted while trying to protect his property.
"We have been conducting extra patrols in the area and 'farm alarm's' have been issued to a number of locations. Enquiries are continuing to identify the offenders."
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
Anyone with information can contact Seaton police station on 08452 777 444, or call crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.