Farway farmer chases thieves
NFARM 15 AB 8/4 A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
NFARM 15 AB 8/4
A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
The farmer chased after the alleged offenders following the incident last month and is reported to have caught one - who then assaulted him and escaped.
Pc Steve Speariett, from Seaton police station, said it was later discovered that a quad bike had been stolen from a nearby farm.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The two crimes in Farway are of concern to us, especially as the farmer was assaulted while trying to protect his property.
"We have been conducting extra patrols in the area and 'farm alarm's' have been issued to a number of locations. Enquiries are continuing to identify the offenders."
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 9 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 10 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
Anyone with information can contact Seaton police station on 08452 777 444, or call crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.