Farway farmer chases thieves
NFARM 15 AB 8/4 A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
NFARM 15 AB 8/4
A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
The farmer chased after the alleged offenders following the incident last month and is reported to have caught one - who then assaulted him and escaped.
Pc Steve Speariett, from Seaton police station, said it was later discovered that a quad bike had been stolen from a nearby farm.
He said: "The two crimes in Farway are of concern to us, especially as the farmer was assaulted while trying to protect his property.
"We have been conducting extra patrols in the area and 'farm alarm's' have been issued to a number of locations. Enquiries are continuing to identify the offenders."
- 1 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 2 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 4 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 5 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 6 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 7 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 8 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 9 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 10 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
Anyone with information can contact Seaton police station on 08452 777 444, or call crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.