Farway farmer chases thieves
NFARM 15 AB 8/4 A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
NFARM 15 AB 8/4
A FARMER interrupted three men trying to break into an outbuilding in Farway, police have revealed.
The farmer chased after the alleged offenders following the incident last month and is reported to have caught one - who then assaulted him and escaped.
Pc Steve Speariett, from Seaton police station, said it was later discovered that a quad bike had been stolen from a nearby farm.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The two crimes in Farway are of concern to us, especially as the farmer was assaulted while trying to protect his property.
"We have been conducting extra patrols in the area and 'farm alarm's' have been issued to a number of locations. Enquiries are continuing to identify the offenders."
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Anyone with information can contact Seaton police station on 08452 777 444, or call crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.