Feathered friends need new home
Appeal launched to find a home for abandoned birds.
An appeal has been launched to find a new home for some feathered friends who were abandoned at an animal sanctuary based near Chard.
The cockerels were discovered by the sanctuary’s animal manager on Tuesday morning after she noticed a man dressed in a hoodie leaving a number of cardboard boxes outside of the reception area.
On approaching the boxes they begun clucking - to the managers surprise they contained 15 cockerels.
A spokesperson for the sanctuary said: “We are now in a major predicament as to what we can do with them as we have nowhere suitable to house them and are unable to keep them as we already have enough cockerels of our own.
You may also want to watch:
“We are therefore making a desperate appeal to anyone who may be able to help us by re-homing any of these abandoned birds.”
Anyone who can help is urged to call the Sanctuary on 01460 65214.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op