Feel good factor in Honiton
Everyone associated with Charter Day did the town proud.
May I express the thanks of the Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry to the Charter Day committee members who organised such a fantastic day last Saturday?
Everyone had a feel good factor and the town was really buzzing.
Our thanks go also to the mayor and town crier, who must have worked tirelessly for about 12 hours.
The town council and Lions Club helped enormously in the background, giving support and encouragement, and we must not forget all those who took the initiative to dress up for the day - especially the market traders, who surpassed other years and did themselves proud.
The town band brought the day to a finale with a sensational mix of music and humour in the Millennium Green
We must not forget all the local people who manned stalls to collect for their own charitable causes.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
Our grateful thanks go to all concerned on the day. You have made your town very proud.
Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry