Feel good factor in Honiton
Everyone associated with Charter Day did the town proud.
May I express the thanks of the Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry to the Charter Day committee members who organised such a fantastic day last Saturday?
Everyone had a feel good factor and the town was really buzzing.
Our thanks go also to the mayor and town crier, who must have worked tirelessly for about 12 hours.
The town council and Lions Club helped enormously in the background, giving support and encouragement, and we must not forget all those who took the initiative to dress up for the day - especially the market traders, who surpassed other years and did themselves proud.
The town band brought the day to a finale with a sensational mix of music and humour in the Millennium Green
We must not forget all the local people who manned stalls to collect for their own charitable causes.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 6 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
Our grateful thanks go to all concerned on the day. You have made your town very proud.
Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry