Festive meal treat for senior citizens
Honiton Community College to serve up Christmas meal for 100 senior citizens.
Honiton Community College will once again be opening up its doors to senior citizens in the town this Christmas.
Staff and students have teamed up with Honiton Senior Citizen Centre to serve up a three-course Christmas feast on Wednesday, December 18.
This time the college will be able to cater for 100 senior citizens and hopes it can build on the success of the event last year.
The college’s director of finance, Gary Wills, said: “Last year it was a huge success and we hope to build on that and make it bigger and better this year.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be a sherry and mince pie reception when guests arrive, followed by a delicious festive meal, which will be served by students and staff.
Entertainment will be provided by the college choir and there will also be a free raffle.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Students and staff will be making hand-made Christmas gifts to present to their guests. Father Christmas is also set to make an appearance - taking time out from his busy schedule.
Anyone interested in attending the Christmas meal is urged to contact Di Hawkins on 01404 42665. The college is appealing for any financial assistance, food donations or gifts to present to guests on the day.
If you can help call Mr Wills on 01404 42283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org