Field target group raises cash for heroes
Good day had by all.
The East Devon Field Target Group has raised �400 for Help for Heroes by staging a charity fun shoot.
Mike Watts, of the Mendip Field Target Club, won the competition with 109 points.
Shooters from Wiltshire and Truro were among those to support the event.
The challenge involved 50 field targets and 30 hunter field targets, with a maximum set score of 110 points.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Stamp, the group’s secretary, said: “A good day had by all and were sure the money raised will go towards helping our heroes.”
Pictured presenting a cheque to Clare Hutton, of Help for Heroes, are (from left) Andy Price, Mr Stamp, Chris Jones, Nick Walton and Alan Burnham.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 9 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents