Fifty firefighters tackle West Dorset house blaze
- Credit: Archant
Charmouth amongst ten crews called to help save thatched cottage
SOME 50 firefighters fought to save a thatched cottage in West Dorset yesterday (Sunday).
Ten crews, including Charmouth, were called the blaze at Littlebredy.
The fire affected the roof of two semi detached properties and is believed to have started in the chimney.
Two hose reel jets and four sets of breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the blaze, which happened at around 4.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
No one was hurt in the fire but the building was severely damaged.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery