Find out about Books on Wheels in Honiton
WRVS to host event at Honiton Library
THE Women’s Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS) is to hold an open event at Honiton Library- in a bid to raise the profile of its Books on Wheels service.
The event will take place from 10am to 2pm on Friday, September 10.
Service spokeswoman Pam Mayall said: “We are holding the event to let people know the Books on Wheels service is available to those who can’t get to the library.
“We deliver tapes, CDs and large print books, as well as regular books.
You may also want to watch:
“Potential volunteers and clients are welcome to attend.”
Mrs Mayall added: “We want to push out into the villages. Our service is a social thing; a befriending service as much as anything else.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing