Find out about Books on Wheels in Honiton
WRVS to host event at Honiton Library
THE Women’s Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS) is to hold an open event at Honiton Library- in a bid to raise the profile of its Books on Wheels service.
The event will take place from 10am to 2pm on Friday, September 10.
Service spokeswoman Pam Mayall said: “We are holding the event to let people know the Books on Wheels service is available to those who can’t get to the library.
“We deliver tapes, CDs and large print books, as well as regular books.
You may also want to watch:
“Potential volunteers and clients are welcome to attend.”
Mrs Mayall added: “We want to push out into the villages. Our service is a social thing; a befriending service as much as anything else.”
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 8 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 9 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 10 Life-saving first aid service will run until end of summer