How the vicar finds something different to write each week. And, yes, God has got something to do with it.
In the past few weeks a number of people have said to me “I don’t know how you manage to write something different every week”. To which I usually respond with “um…”
I don’t know how. Mostly, I just sit in front of my PC and hope something comes to mind.
I occasionally quip “I only have one thought a week and write it down as soon as it comes to me.” But, usually, I’m not quick enough with that line to make it worth using and now I can’t use it again because everyone’s seen it.
I hope God’s got something to do with it all. The word ‘inspiration’ means ‘breathed into’ and I believe that the Spirit of God can speak, act and live in each one of us, and God breathes life, love, hope and truth into everyone.
You may also want to watch:
And, hopefully, into a Thought For The Week, too.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'