Microwave oven fire at Axminster flat
- Credit: Archant
A meal which caught alight in a microwave oven at Axminster was extinguished by firefighters who plunged it into a bucket of water.
The Axminster crew was called to the kitchen blaze at a flat in Minster Court sheltered accommodation in West Street at around 6.30pm on Monday, January 20.
They had received a call from Careline which monitors the alarms for the premises.
Shortly after arriving and investigating the cause of the alarm, the crew located the source of the smoke to a small fire within a microwave.
Not only were the contents of the microwave 100 per cent damaged by fire but the appliance sustained 50 per cent fire damage, too.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished after the contents were submerged in a bucket of water and removed outside, before making the appliance and scene safe.
There were no casualties or further fire spread, but firefighters reassured the residents and offered some fire safety advice before leaving.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax