Fire at launderette, Axminster

A MAN suffered smoke inhalation after a launderette in Axminster caught fire.

Firefighters from Axminster and Colyton were called out to the business in South Street at 11.30pm on Friday, September 10.

Crews put out the fire in the first floor flat, which is believed to have involved a cooker. A man was attended to by ambulance personnel.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter