Fire at primary school

PUBLISHED: 13:26 23 April 2013 | UPDATED: 13:35 23 April 2013

�

Archant

Fire believed to be accidental.

Firefighters from Honiton were called to a fire at Broadhembury Primary School this morning (Tuesday).

The fire was located in a storage cupboard and was reported at around 8.30am.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “One fire engine from Honiton has attended a fire in a storage cupboard at the school, where 90 per cent of the contents were damaged by smoke and fire. “Fire crews removed the contents to the open air and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald