Fire at Red Cow pub, Honiton
Town’s fire appliances quickly on the scene.
THE Red Cow pub, in High Street, Honiton, was cordoned off earlier this evening after a fire broke out on the ground floor.
Honiton’s two fire appliances both raced to the scene after the alarm was raised shortly before 5pm.
Everyone in the pub managed to get out safely.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two appliances from Honiton were mobilised to reports of a building fire. Group Commander Harvison was in charge.
“On arrival, a fire in the ground floor of the pub was discovered involving a wood burner.
“One hose reel and four breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the fire.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
“Crews then ventilated the building.”
The pavement outside the pub was taped off to keep the public back as firefighters tackled the blaze.
Crowds watched the action unfold from outside Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church, opposite the pub.