Fire at Red Cow pub, Honiton
Town’s fire appliances quickly on the scene.
THE Red Cow pub, in High Street, Honiton, was cordoned off earlier this evening after a fire broke out on the ground floor.
Honiton’s two fire appliances both raced to the scene after the alarm was raised shortly before 5pm.
Everyone in the pub managed to get out safely.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two appliances from Honiton were mobilised to reports of a building fire. Group Commander Harvison was in charge.
You may also want to watch:
“On arrival, a fire in the ground floor of the pub was discovered involving a wood burner.
“One hose reel and four breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the fire.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 10 Ladies and Gents Challenge Match at Honiton Bowls
“Crews then ventilated the building.”
The pavement outside the pub was taped off to keep the public back as firefighters tackled the blaze.
Crowds watched the action unfold from outside Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church, opposite the pub.