Fire at Red Cow pub, Honiton
Town’s fire appliances quickly on the scene.
THE Red Cow pub, in High Street, Honiton, was cordoned off earlier this evening after a fire broke out on the ground floor.
Honiton’s two fire appliances both raced to the scene after the alarm was raised shortly before 5pm.
Everyone in the pub managed to get out safely.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two appliances from Honiton were mobilised to reports of a building fire. Group Commander Harvison was in charge.
You may also want to watch:
“On arrival, a fire in the ground floor of the pub was discovered involving a wood burner.
“One hose reel and four breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the fire.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 8 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
“Crews then ventilated the building.”
The pavement outside the pub was taped off to keep the public back as firefighters tackled the blaze.
Crowds watched the action unfold from outside Honiton Evangelical Congregational Church, opposite the pub.