Fire at the Star Inn

PUBLISHED: 14:07 15 March 2014 | UPDATED: 14:28 15 March 2014

�

Archant

Firefighters called to the scene this morning (Saturday).

Firefighters were called to a deal with a fire at the Star Inn, Honiton, this morning (Saturday).

The incident at the New Street pub, which is owned by J D Wetherspoon, occurred at around 8.30am.

Two fire crews from Honiton dealt with the fire.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival crews confirmed that there was a fire within an electrical heater, which had also spread to a timber joist.

“Crews cut away part of the ceiling to gain access and used small tools and a thermal imaging camera. The cause was accidental.”

The pub has been re-opened for business.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald