‘Saviour’ lorry driver to the rescue after fire breaks out in car on Honiton A road
- Credit: Archant
poeThe blaze happened on the A30 westbound, between Turks Head and the Iron Bridge.
A hero lorry driver sprung into action to put out a car blaze near Honiton today.
Flames broke out in the engine compartment of the vehicle on the A30 westbound, between Turks Head and the Iron Bridge.
The situation could have become more serious if it were not for the quick-thinking actions of a passing lorry driver, who put out the blaze while crews rushed to the scene.
The owner of the vehicle said: “He truly was my saviour.
“He put the fire out and then the firefighters cooled the car down so it was safe for us to sit in, so we didn’t freeze while my parents came to rescue us.”
Firefighters used a hose reel to make the car and scene safe.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 8 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 9 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 10 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter