Fire breaks out in Dunkeswell outbuilding

PUBLISHED: 17:30 28 May 2015

Archant

The cause of the fire was accidental which resulted in the moderate fire damage to the living room area.

Two fire appliances from Tiverton and one from Cullompton were mobilised to a report of a fire in an outbuilding on Kennedy Way in Dunkeswell.

The fire broke out last Sunday (May 24) at 5.14pm.

Upon arrival crews confirmed there had been a fire in the building being used as a domestic dwelling, which was out on arrival.

Crews used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to ensure the property was safe.

The cause of the fire was accidental which resulted in the moderate fire damage to the living room area and severe smoke and heat damage to the rest of the building.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald