Fire breaks out in light fitting at Honiton shop

PUBLISHED: 15:38 15 May 2018 | UPDATED: 15:38 15 May 2018

Archant

A fire broke out in a light fitting at a Honiton shop.

The blaze started this afternoon (Tuesday) at the High Street outlet, at 1.49pm.

Fire crews from Honiton, Ottery St Mary and Axminster attended the scene.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: “Crews confirmed a small fire within a light fitting which was out prior to their arrival.

“They investigated the rest of premises using a thermal imaging camera before leaving the scene.

“The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald