Tractor destroyed in farm yard blaze in Upottery
A person suffered burns to their arm following a tractor fire in Upottery.
Firefighters from Honiton, Chard and Danes Castle were called out shortly after 2.10pm on Monday (July 29) after reports of a tractor on fire in a farm yard.
Black smoke could be seen from a distance as crews arrived at the scene.
A second engine from Chard and a supporting officer was sent to provide additional support.
On arrival, crews fought to stop the blaze spreading and confirmed an agricultural vehicle and trailer were well alight.
The tractor and trailer were extinguished using four breathing apparatus, one compressed air foam jet, two hose reel jets, one thermal imaging camera, one triple extension ladder, two pitch forks and a pump from the water carrier.
A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said the vehicle was 100 per cent damaged by fire and a nearby outbuilding was five per cent damage.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 10 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
The spokesman added: "The cause of the fire was accidental. One person at scene treated for burns to arm."