Fire crews deal with incident at Colyton
Blaze at house in St Andrew’s Orchard prompted reports of persons trapped inside the property.
FEARS that householders were inside a burning Colyton property prompted a swift response from Axe Valley fire crews earlier today (Tuesday).
Firefighters from Colyton and Seaton were mobilised at 11.37am following reports of a cooker on fire at a property in St Andrew’s Orchard, Colyton.
Initial reports suggested people may still be inside the property, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.
A spokesman for the emergency service said: “Upon arrival, crews found the grill pan and cooker well alight.”
You may also want to watch:
However, all occupants of the house were out of the property and accounted for.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
The cause of the fire has been deemed accidental.