Fire crews deal with incident at Colyton

Blaze at house in St Andrew’s Orchard prompted reports of persons trapped inside the property.

FEARS that householders were inside a burning Colyton property prompted a swift response from Axe Valley fire crews earlier today (Tuesday).

Firefighters from Colyton and Seaton were mobilised at 11.37am following reports of a cooker on fire at a property in St Andrew’s Orchard, Colyton.

Initial reports suggested people may still be inside the property, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.

A spokesman for the emergency service said: “Upon arrival, crews found the grill pan and cooker well alight.”


You may also want to watch:


However, all occupants of the house were out of the property and accounted for.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Most Read

The cause of the fire has been deemed accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter