Fire crews fight chimney blaze in Upottery

PUBLISHED: 13:30 12 November 2015

Archant

The fire, which started this morning (Thursday), was from a Rayburn.

Fire crews from Honiton were called after a fire broke out in a chimney in Upottery.

The blaze started at 8.20am last Thursday (November 12).

On arrival at the scene, crews confirmed that fire was from a Rayburn, and got to work putting it out with one hose reel and chimney gear.

An additional engine was also requested, and one from Chard was alerted to attend.

By 9.18am, crews had made steady progress, carrying out work with ladders, safe working at height equipment and a hose reel.

The chimey blaze was extinguished by 10.52am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald