Fire in church

PUBLISHED: 09:22 06 February 2012

�

Archant

Fire believed to be accidental.

Firefighters were called to Axminster Methodist Church following an electrical fire in the ladies toilets.

The incident occurred yesterday (Sunday), at 11.47am, and crews found a small fire at the scene, involving a hand drier.

Crews from Axminster, Colyton and Lyme Regis attended the scene.

The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, a power extinguisher and a ventilation fan.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald