Fire in church
Fire believed to be accidental.
Firefighters were called to Axminster Methodist Church following an electrical fire in the ladies toilets.
The incident occurred yesterday (Sunday), at 11.47am, and crews found a small fire at the scene, involving a hand drier.
Crews from Axminster, Colyton and Lyme Regis attended the scene.
The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, a power extinguisher and a ventilation fan.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'