Fire in Lyme Regis being investigated by police
Fire in flat being treated as suspicious.
A FIRE at a Lyme Regis flat during the early hours of this morning (Monday, August 20) is being treated as suspicious by police.
The occupants of the first floor flat in Manor Avenue escaped unharmed following the incident at 2.30am. The fire was out before firefighters arrived.
A police spokesman said: “The fire involved the front door and a small area of carpet immediately below the letter box.”
Weymouth CID are investigating and are calling for anyone who saw anything suspicious to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call 01202 222 222 or crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis