Fire in Membury

PUBLISHED: 11:09 04 September 2009 | UPDATED: 00:06 16 June 2010

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home in Membury yesterday (Thursday, September 3) after the chip pan caught fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home in Membury yesterday (Thursday, September 3) after the chip pan caught fire.

Crews from Axminster and Chard were called out to Heath Common at 7.08pm, and used dry powder to put the fire out.

The pan had affected the cooker hood and a small section of the kitchen ceiling was removed.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald