FIRE: Langford Avenue, Honiton

Electrical box catches fire in family home.

THE emergency services were called to a house in Langford Avenue, Honiton, after a fire broke out in an electrical box.

Two fire appliances from the town’s station attended the scene shortly after 4.24pm yesterday (Wednesday) and found the blaze extinguished.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was out on arrival.”

Firefighters inspected the box and isolated the electrics, before leaving the incident in the hands of Western Power.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter