Fire rips through Charmouth house
Seven fire crews tackle village blaze
SEVEN fire crews tackled a major house blaze at Charmouth last night (Thursday November 25).
The fire broke out at around 11.50pm and destroyed two floors and the roof of the property in The Street.
No one was hurt.
Fire fighters from Charmouth, Lyme Regis and Axminster were quickly on the scene and called for support form other local crews.
You may also want to watch:
They extinguished the blaze by 3.10am, although crews were still at the scene this morning dampening down and ensuring the building is safe.
Station Manager Dave Myers, incident commander at the incident said: “Crews worked extremely hard during the night to limit this fire and reduce the amount of damage caused, however unfortunately part of the roof of the building has collapsed. We are conducting an investigation into the cause but luckily no body was injured in this fire.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer