Fire rips through Charmouth house
Seven fire crews tackle village blaze
SEVEN fire crews tackled a major house blaze at Charmouth last night (Thursday November 25).
The fire broke out at around 11.50pm and destroyed two floors and the roof of the property in The Street.
No one was hurt.
Fire fighters from Charmouth, Lyme Regis and Axminster were quickly on the scene and called for support form other local crews.
You may also want to watch:
They extinguished the blaze by 3.10am, although crews were still at the scene this morning dampening down and ensuring the building is safe.
Station Manager Dave Myers, incident commander at the incident said: “Crews worked extremely hard during the night to limit this fire and reduce the amount of damage caused, however unfortunately part of the roof of the building has collapsed. We are conducting an investigation into the cause but luckily no body was injured in this fire.”
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Have your say on future development of village
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching