Fire, Uplyme

PUBLISHED: 10:41 29 December 2009 | UPDATED: 00:43 16 June 2010

A PROPERTY in Uplyme caught fire because of a wood burning stove on Sunday, December 27.

A PROPERTY in Uplyme caught fire because of a wood burning stove on Sunday, December 27.

Firefighters were called out to the building in Rhode Hill at 6pm. The fire was in the first floor bedroom, where the floorboards had been set alight.

Crews from Axminster, Lyme Regis and Chard used one hose reel, small tools and a thermal imaging camera to put the fire out.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald