'Fireball' seen over sea at Branscombe
A HOLIDAYMAKER has described how he saw a large fireball over the sea at Branscombe.
A HOLIDAYMAKER has described how he saw "a large fireball" over the sea at Branscombe.
Michael Rendall, of Trowbridge, in Wiltshire, witnessed the mystery phenomenon at 9.27pm on April 21.
He had been walking in the coastal village with his wife and two friends.
He said: "We saw what appeared to be a large fireball over the sea.
You may also want to watch:
"It appeared to hover for a short while and then sped off down the Channel at high speed.
"It eventually showed up as a small speck of light, circled and the disappeared. I would be very interested to hear if any of your readers witnessed this spectacle, or indeed if anyone has any theories as to what it was."
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 6 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 7 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 8 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 9 Axe Valley Runners in Exeter Quay race
- 10 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
Did you see it? Comment here.