'Fireball' seen over sea at Branscombe
A HOLIDAYMAKER has described how he saw a large fireball over the sea at Branscombe.
A HOLIDAYMAKER has described how he saw "a large fireball" over the sea at Branscombe.
Michael Rendall, of Trowbridge, in Wiltshire, witnessed the mystery phenomenon at 9.27pm on April 21.
He had been walking in the coastal village with his wife and two friends.
He said: "We saw what appeared to be a large fireball over the sea.
You may also want to watch:
"It appeared to hover for a short while and then sped off down the Channel at high speed.
"It eventually showed up as a small speck of light, circled and the disappeared. I would be very interested to hear if any of your readers witnessed this spectacle, or indeed if anyone has any theories as to what it was."
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 7 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
Did you see it? Comment here.