Firefighters raise a cool £700
- Credit: Archant
Axminster crew boosts charity funds with a car wash outside Tesco
Firefighters at Axminster got busy with their buckets – and raised a cool £700 for charity.
They were outside Tesco supermarket offering to wash people’s cars in return for a donation.
A steady stream of customers ensured the crew easily beat last year’s total of £462.
The bulk will go to the firefighters charity, with £100 donation to Tesco’s cause of the year – Diabetes UK.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesmen said: “We want to thank both Kath Rabjohns, Tesco’s community champion, and all the other staff at the store for not only the use of their car park but for providing us with a constant supply of refreshments in the hot weather.
“We also thank the public for all their kind donations towards these charities.”
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
Crew memebrs taking part were Pete Bevis, Ian Turner, Karl Moore, Luke Garret, Scott Clarke, Mike Beviss, Phil Garret, Jade Tregal, Steve Mcauley and Jason Hill.