Firefighters rescue elderly man in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Crews called to the scene after fire alarm activated.
Firefighters had to force their way into a sheltered housing property in Honiton to rescue an elderly man.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire appliance was mobilised to a report of an alarm activating in a sheltered housing scheme in Honiton.
“Upon arrival crews made a forced entry to the property which was heavily smoke logged due to cooking fumes.
“Crews rescued an elderly gentleman who had fallen within the property and an ambulance was requested.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters ventilated the property and removed a cooking pan to the open air.
The incident occurred yesterday (Tuesday), at Tremaine Close, at around 9.30pm.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery