Firefighters tackle blaze in Seaton toilets
PUBLISHED: 11:50 08 March 2018 | UPDATED: 11:50 08 March 2018
Crews from Seaton and Colyton called after thick black smoke seen billowing from the public lavatories
Firefighters made a dash to the toilets - after a blaze broke out in public conveniences at Seaton this morning (Thursday, March 8).
Crews from Seaton and Colyton tackled the fire in the gents’ lavatory near The Museum, off Fore Street.
A nearby resident called them after seeing ‘thick black smoke’ coming for the building.
Freighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire which it is thought may have been caused by a fault in an electric hand drier.
No one was hurt during the incident although traffic in Fore Street was held up for a while.