Firefighters tackle chimney blaze near Shute

PUBLISHED: 10:48 04 March 2018 | UPDATED: 11:01 04 March 2018

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Shute last night (Saturday).

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire in Bakers Mead, in Shute, at 6.46pm yesterday.

One engine from Colyton attended the incident and confirmed the fire involved a wood burner.

Crews got to work extinguishing


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald