Firefighters tackle chimney blaze near Shute


- Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Shute last night (Saturday).

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire in Bakers Mead, in Shute, at 6.46pm yesterday.

One engine from Colyton attended the incident and confirmed the fire involved a wood burner.

Crews got to work extinguishing

You may also want to watch:

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus