Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze

PUBLISHED: 11:51 01 July 2013 | UPDATED: 11:51 01 July 2013

Archant

Crews force their way into Axminster house to remove burning saucepan from cooker hob

Emergency services were called to a kitchen fire at Axminster on Saturday afternoon (June 29).

Local firefighters were joined by crews from Charmouth and Lyme Regis to attend the blaze in the two-storey property in Chard Road.

After forcing entry their found a small fire involving food on the hob of a gas cooker. They removed a saucepan to the open air and ventilated the house.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald